BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - CORPORATE EVENTS AGENCY
£40,000 - £50,000 + OTE
Exciting role for an experienced Business Development Manager to grow sales for an events and travel agency through strategic new business wins!
This fantastic company is an industry leader, having been consistently growing its services, client base and reputation for over 20 years and now employing close to 500 people. They offer a wide range of services including event management, business and group travel, venue finding and event technology across a broad client base with a heavy leaning towards professional services.
Events can range from a VIP meeting in London for 50 delegates, to a high end meeting for 300 or a partner conference for 500 plus across the globe! There is now a very prestigious Senior Event Manager vacancy available within the team.
This newly created role reports directly in the Head of Events and will work closely with them to set the business development strategy. Working to unearth new opportunities for venue finding, event management, group travel and event technology this exciting role is a brilliant career move!
Key responsibilities will include:
* Working on the new business strategy to define sectors and clients
* Introducing the agency to new clients and booking meetings
* Attending meetings to talk through the agency's service offering
* Taking a brief and developing that with the client
* Working alongside the operations teams to develop proposals
* Pitching for and winning new business
* Working towards weekly, monthly and annual targets
* Attending events to network with clients
* Reigniting lapsed clients
This new business role is a real career move where you will have the opportunity to work for a fantastic global agency who deliver some high end events! Candidates with a pure new business background (and events understanding) are a preference however candidates with an event delivery or account management background will also be considered.
Get in touch today for more information!