SENIOR EVENT MANAGER - CORPORATE EVENTS AGENCY
An established events and group travel agency in the heart of London are seeking an experienced Senior Event Manager to head up a portfolio of prestigious clients and deliver high end events.
This fantastic company is an industry leader, having been consistently growing its services, client base and reputation for over 20 years and now employing close to 500 people. They offer a wide range of services including event management, business and group travel, venue finding and event technology across a broad client base with a heavy leaning towards professional services.
Events can range from a VIP meeting in London for 50 delegates, to a high end meeting for 300 or a partner conference for 500 plus across the globe! There is now a very prestigious Senior Event Manager vacancy available within the team.
This pivotal role reports directly in the Head of Events and will take the lead on some of their most high profile and long standing client accounts; leading their most complex events and supporting the team.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing a portfolio of high end client accounts
* Researching venues and destinations for a wide range of events
* Working closely with clients to understand the event objectives and put together a proposed itinerary / solution
* Overseeing projects such as venue finding and group travel
* Attending site visits and fam trips in the UK and overseas
* Managing budgets up to £1m and ensuring events are profitable at all times
* Updating delegate attendance and managing complex accommodation bookings
* Leading events on-site to ensure smooth delivery
* Ongoing account management and stakeholder management
* Unearthing new opportunities within current and lapsed clients
* Mentoring and developing more junior team members
The Senior Event Manager who will succeed in this role will ideally be working currently in an events agency, having delivered logistically challenging events including conferences for some fast paced and demanding clients. Overseas events experience is highly desirable as is a focused approach to career development. There is a huge scope for progression within the department for an exciting company on a global acquisition trail.