RMG16278 - Are you expertly skilled in CAD and have knowledge of the full design and build process?
Our client is a leading bespoke event set build company who create high-quality sets and environments, tailored to the client's brief. As a business they work on projects from stage sets to brand environments, props to exhibition stands with attention to detail and a high quality finish at the heart of its ethos.
With sustainability at its core, their approach to construction means it embraces its environmental responsibilities and puts its team first, making it one of the best places to work in the UK event industry.
As a CAD Draughtsperson / Designer, you will be based within a lively design office overlooking a bustling workshop and be responsible for working to brief, bringing the clients design concepts to life!
As part of your role you will be consulting on construction methods, programming componentry for CNC machining, creating construction and assembly drawing packs for on-site carpenters to build from.
Key responsibilities include;
- Receive briefs from Project Managers and discuss projects, using your problem solving skills.
- 2D drafting and technical construction drawing (sign off / construction / install packs)
- 3D modelling and rendering to aid client sign off and workshop construction.
- Break existing models into 2D components and programme our CNC machines.
- Use your knowledge of carpentry construction methods and joinery to your advantage.
- Research new CAD/CAM technologies when required.
- Keep all files and folders archived appropriately.
The ideal candidate will have a creative drive combined with desire to set the bar high. If you are able to work in a deadline-driven environment then we need you!
We are looking for candidates from a similar industry background, with experience in AutoCAD and CNC drawing skills and be competent in liaising with production and build departments
In return, this well established business offer you the opportunity to expand your portfolio and work on a wide range of outstanding and bespoke projects for a number of well known, top of the range clients!
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) within the events & experiential, marketing, creative and digital markets. If this position isn't what you're looking for please go to our website for the latest vacancies and to register, or if you know someone who would be perfect for this position why not take advantage of our £350 referral scheme.