HEAD OF EVENT OPERATIONS
An opportunity to manage a portfolio of exciting outdoor public events.
Boasting 90 acres of ground and hosting some of the largest shows in the UK, this organisation are successful in delivering large scale public events alongside major shows attracting over a million visitors per year. With a stunning backdrop and extensive outdoor space they also attract clients for exhibitions, trade fairs and leisure events throughout the year.
Due to continued success they are now looking for an experienced Head of Shows/Event Operations Manager to come on board and take ownership of a number of their events annually. Focusing on development and improvement of the events as well as operational delivery this will be a broad role with responsibilities including:
* Overall responsibility for the management and delivery of a portfolio of events
* Day to day management of the shows team and wider freelance resource
* Participating in pre event briefing involving various internal teams and stakeholders
* Strategic planning and delivery of all events
* Developing strong working relationships with numerous partners and stakeholders
* Attending committee, stakeholder and volunteer meetings
* Working closely with external agencies and suppliers
* Overseeing event delivery including workforce, health and safety, contractor management, scheduling and general operational aspects of the event
* Managing budgets and promoting cost effective solutions
* Onsite management of staff and volunteers
This role will suit a candidate with previous experience in the operational running of large scale outdoor events. Experience in agricultural events would be highly beneficial, but other event backgrounds will also be considered. Strong communication skills are essential and the ability to input and implement improvements is key. Previous line management experience is ideal, as well as experience of managing large operational team's onsite.
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) within the events & experiential and exhibitions industry. If this position isn't quite what you're looking for please visit www.live-recruitment.co.uk to view all of the opportunities we are recruiting.
Alternatively - forward this role onto someone in your network and take advantage of our £350 reward scheme for anyone recommended who we place!