SENIOR EVENT MANAGER - ASSOCIATION
£COMPETITIVE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
A great opportunity to take on a pivotal role this well-established company and take ownership of the events team!
This prestigious and well established independent association are leaders in the political field. With a wide reaching membership base spanning 50 countries, and representing institutions and senior academics worldwide they encourage and promote training and research across the market delivered through publications, journals and events including conferences, webinars and academic events.
With a growing network and a market leading reputation this is an opportunity not to be missed!!!
Due to continued growth and success they are now looking for a Senior Event Manager to come on board and manage the team, ensuring operational efficiency and liaising heavily with stakeholders and committees to drive the organisation forward. A broad role responsibilities will include;
- Overseeing the running of the event programme
- Providing strategic direction
- Implementing and evaluating operational processes across the team
- Developing new proposals and initiates for future events
- Ensuring communication across the organisation and with members and committees
- Working with committees to develop a programme for events including topics and speakers
- Venue and supplier liaison and negotiation
- Overseeing and managing (if required) event delivery including delegate registration and management
- Ensuring staffing levels and resource management for events
- Stakeholder management (internal and external) with partner bodies, members and external organisations
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Onsite management
- Line management and development of a team
Candidates must have experience of managing and delivering corporate conferences previously with a strong understanding of event logistics including venue selection and speaker / delegate management as well as strong supplier management and negotiation skills. Candidates must have a proven background of managing and developing teams and ensuring process within these. Candidates will also need to be organised, have excellent communication skills and be used to managing multiple projects independently. Stakeholder management is critical for this role. Candidates must be open to travel as you will be expected to go onsite to manage the events both in the UK and overseas.
With an excellent working environment and fantastic benefits this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) across events, experiential and exhibitions. If this position isn't quite what you're looking for please visit www.live-recruitment.co.uk to view all of the opportunities we are recruiting.
To be a part of this great company please click below to apply!