Join this collaborative medical comms agency and take your medical writing career to the next level.
This independently owned agency delivers medical communications campaigns with science at the heart of everything they do. Working across a range of large pharmaceutical clients through to medical device companies and biotech start ups; they deliver everything from pre-clinical trial stage to post launch. Clients are mainly Europe and US based and projects can range from technical manuscripts to ad boards and symposia; abstract management and internal comms pieces.
Due to continued growth and development they are now looking for an experienced Senior Medical Writer to come on board and join their passionate team. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with internal teams to manage communications and client expectations
- Work with Account Managers to develop scope of requests
- Researching and writing audience appropriate scientific/medical content
- Distilling complex scientific information and terminology for all audiences
- Utilising creative writing skills to suggest visual ways to bring content to life and to develop engaging scientific content
- Developing a wide range of scientifically accurate content assets that are appropriate for the intended audiences
- Building strong client and internal relationships
- Collaborating with internal account teams and other scientific team members to execute scientific content
- Researching products or therapy areas to support scientific projects
- Working across multiple projects
- Developing and supporting more junior members of the team
- Ensuring process, publication and client branding guidelines are followed
- Ensuring content meets the relevant compliance codes
Candidates must have proven experience working as a Medical Writer or Senior Medical writer ideally from within an agency however pharmaceutical, medical device, and/or biotechnology writing experience will also be considered. Candidates must be educated to degree level (ideally advanced degree: MSc, PharmD, PhD, MD) in life sciences or pharmacology. Expert communication skills are essential and in addition candidates will be proficient at conducting literature searches, with a proven ability to distil complex scientific information for a variety of audiences. Experience of writing peer-reviewed publications would be an added benefit.
The successful candidate will be part of a team producing a range of high-quality communication items in accordance with the needs of the client. They are looking for driven and ambitious individuals who will embrace their ethos of delivering scientific excellence through collegiate working, open communication and building trusted partnerships with their clients.
In return for your commitment you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company, and make a real difference to the business!
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) across events, medical communications, experiential and exhibitions. If this position isn't quite what you're looking for please visit our website to view all of the opportunities we are recruiting.