Your chance to take on a pivotal and senior role with this collaborative and forward thinking medical comms agency! .
This independently owned agency delivers medical communications campaigns with science at the heart of everything they do. Working across a range of large pharmaceutical clients through to medical device companies and biotech start ups; they deliver everything from pre-clinical trial stage to post launch. Clients are mainly Europe and US based and projects can range from technical manuscripts to ad boards and symposia; abstract management and internal comms pieces.
Due to an increase in business and a growing demand there is now an opportunity for an Account Director or Senior Account Manager to come on board and provide account-level expertise and leadership to the business and clients. Working across one of their largest and most diverse accounts, with a number of different products, contacts and therapy areas, responsibilities will include:
- Account management and development including networking across the account and maximising opportunities
- Actively participating in and contributing to management meetings that affect the direction and success of the business
- Leading strategic discussions with clients and colleagues
- Working with the editorial team to prepare proposals and ensure that appropriate data is available to understand and deliver the project
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they stay within scope and on budget
- Leading on specific more strategic projects when required
- Managing the logistical and contractual needs for client-sponsored meetings
- Co-ordinating and managing a range of third-party suppliers, including designers/artists, translators and hotels
- Providing leadership and direction to the team
- Ensuring procedures and policies across the team and encouraging good working practices
- Ensuring good working relationships with clients, external suppliers, external authors and experts
- Providing financial management across accounts
- Line management of Project Coordinator(s)
Candidates must come from a medical communications agency and have a proven background of account and client management. Exposure to working across a broad portfolio of projects would be preferred as would experience of working in therapy areas including immunology and urology, although this is not essential for the role. Experience of managing teams and / or developing more junior members of staff would be an advantage. A scientific background is preferable but is not a pre-requisite for the role.
In return for your commitment you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company, and make a real difference to the business!
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) across events, medical communications, experiential and exhibitions. If this position isn't quite what you're looking for please visit www.live-recruitment.co.uk to view all of the opportunities we are recruiting.