KENT / WORLDWIDE TRAVEL!!! Do you have live events experience? Are you looking to work in a growing, international, fast paced, exciting and global business working with some of the world's best known live acts and entertainers?
Our client is an international, award-winning supplier to high profile events, advertising, television and worldwide concert tours!
With offices in the UK, Spain, Australia and USA, they are perfectly placed to deliver systems and show-stopping laser & SFX displays around the world
They are now looking for someone with pyrotechnics and special effects experience (flames, confetti, gas jets, sparks etc.) within live events to join their team
Due to their ongoing expansion there is now an opportunity for an experienced Show Technician to join their team and get involved in the rigging and operation of all types of equipment for all of the largest shows;
* Preparing equipment for rental using the equipment allocated to the job via the booking system.
* Ensuring that the equipment used is fully functioning and has all the correct accessories and that preps are completed in their entirety as a complete system
* Keep up to date with the latest programming techniques and software.
* Be available to perform shows, which could be local or abroad for days, weeks or months
* While on the road keep the equipment in full working order, repair equipment where possible.
* Advise the ops manager and arrange replacement parts as required to keep the touring rig
* complete and operational with spares
The ideal candidate will be technically minded, with an understanding of DMX fixtures. If you have at least 2 years' experience is the live events with a thorough understanding of laser, SFX or lighting systems used in live events.
* Highly organised and able to deal with multiple projects at once, computer literate and understanding of fixed IP address networks
* Ability to solder DMX cables and make and repair power cables from powercon to three phase connectors
* Commitment, committed to getting the job done to the very best of your ability no matter what.
* Ability to take the initiative, work alone and lead where others fail to do so. Supports colleges at work, emotionally and socially, enjoys working in a team.
* Computer literate, understanding of computer networks and IP address, able to navigate server systems and online booking systems
The agency offers development and career opportunities as the business continues to grow - a great time to be part of an exciting and global business
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) across events, experiential and exhibitions.
If this position isn't quite what you're looking for please visit www.live-recruitment.co.uk to view all of the opportunities we are recruiting
VACANCY REF: SP18666